Free import (irrespective of age):
1. 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 200 grams of tobacco;
2. 1 litre of alcoholic beverages;
3. A reasonable quantity of perfume and 1 litre of Eau de Cologne;
4. Non-commercial articles with a total max. of USD 200;
5. Goods for personal use;
- narcotics, drugs, cotton;
- all kinds of live, frozen or stuffed birds or any bird derived product.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
Import of all firearms, including sporting guns, is prohibited.
Free export of the same articles as shown under "free import" which have been imported by passenger.
- drugs and food;
- gold and silver purchased in Egypt, except for very small quantities for personal use.
Cats and dogs must be accompanied by a valid Government veterinarian good health certificate issued at point of origin (validity two weeks from date of issue). This certificate does not exempt the pets from Egyptian Ministry of Agriculture Doctor examination on arrival. Quarantine in case of suspicion will be maximum 15 days (charges EGP 1.50 excl. food).
Pet birds of any description may not be brought into Egypt either as cabin baggage, hold baggage or cargo, except live chicks, provided they meet all health requirements as stated by the General Organization for Veterinary Services and not being imported from infected/endemic bird flu areas.